Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why not?

Because I haven't been to church the past two Sundays, I went to bed last night with the resolution that I would go to church in the morning. I had passed a church called St. Alphonsus last week, and I thought it would be a nice choice. However, I woke up tired and (sleep) talked myself out of it. When I arrived at work this morning, I mentioned to my mentor how I had really wanted to go to church this morning, but wasn't able to do so. She said "but it's Tuesday, why did you want to go to church?" and I responded, "why not?" I think this is a question I've been asking myself a lot lately and maybe one I should ask myself more often.  I don't mean this just in relation to faith, but in daily life. How many things have you chosen not to do without asking yourself "why not?"

Tonight after I got off work, my brother, Carlos, and I went to dine at Abyssinia Ethiopian Restaurant. I had never had Ethiopian cuisine, so I had figured, what better place to use my restaurant certificate? I'm always interested in trying new food. It was delicious! And it was excellent service too. The food, primarily meat and vegetables, is eaten with your hands and is "scooped" up by this yummy, light spongy bread. Definitely a new favorite!

Once we got home, there was more organizing of the apartment. It actually looks semi-normal now. Define normal?

Good night, from this comfy black couch I call my bed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment